FREE POREČ MTB TOUR – NORTH, 35 km
This northern route leads from Peškera bay to the exciting Parenzana cycling trail, which was once a rail line running from Poreč to Trieste. Along the first part of the tour, we will discover the interior of Istria and Grabovica forest, which is interwoven with single-track trails just perfect for mountain bikers. We will pass through the village of Nova Vas and continue through vineyards and olive groves. A short break at Baredine cave will give you a chance to get to know your fellow cyclists. Slowly descending towards the sea, we will pedal through Červar Porat resort and continue riding through the largest olive grove in Croatia and alongside picturesque beaches on a path that will bring us back to our starting point at roughly 12:30PM.
- Type of cycling trail: MTB trail
- Length of trail: 35km
- Highest point: 150m
- Cumulative elevation gain: 300m
- Ride time: 3-4 hours
- Difficulty: intermediate
- Available: every Monday from 22 August to 30 September 2022
- Meeting time: 9:00AM
- Planned end time: around 12:30PMStart and finish: Peškera bay
- Guide: one guide per 20 cyclists
- Languages: Croatian, English and German
Notes on the free MTB tours
- The tours are completely free, and do not include beverages, food or entry tickets.
- Bike, helmet, and bike equipment rental is available (at extra charge).
- Helmets are required.
- Not recommended for children younger than 14 years of age.
- You must know how to ride a bike and be in good enough shape to ride between 20
and 50 km per day.
- An emergency vehicle is available in case of need.
- The guide has the right to change the route according to weather and guest abilities.
Bookings are free, but required at least 12 hours prior to departure.