From Peškera bay, we will begin our ride around the beautiful old town of Poreč and head to Brulo resort. Then we will turn towards the interior, where narrow and challenging MTB trails through deep shade await us. We will pass by Bečić Estate and, if desired, try out a part of a trail that Poreč Cycling Club uses for their XC races. We will ride on through the village of Fuškulin towards Kontija forest on the slopes of Lim bay, the most pristine forest reserve in Istria. We will stop at certain points to take in the beautiful view of the bay. We will then continue our ride towards the coastal town of Vrsar, where the infamous Giacomo Casanova once caroused. While taking in the sea view, we will ride along the coast through Funtana and Zelena Laguna and return to our starting point around 1:30PM.
- Type of cycling trail: MTB trail
- Length of trail: 45km
- Highest point: 150m
- Cumulative elevation gain: 450m
- Ride time: 4-5 hours
- Difficulty: intermediate
- Available: every Thursday from 25 August to 30 September 2022
- Meeting time: 9:00AM
- Planned end time: around 1:30PM
- Start and finish: Peškera bay
- Guide: one guide per 20 cyclists
- Languages: Croatian, English and German
Download GPX file
Notes on the free MTB tours
- The tours are completely free, and do not include beverages, food or entry tickets.
- Bike, helmet, and bike equipment rental is available (at extra charge).
- Helmets are required.
- Not recommended for children younger than 14 years of age.
- You must know how to ride a bike and be in good enough shape to ride between 20
and 50 km per day.
- An emergency vehicle is available in case of need.
- The guide has the right to change the route according to weather and guest abilities.
Bookings are free, but required at least 12 hours prior to departure.