Our guide is waiting for you every Wednesday at 9:30AM at the parking lot by the school playground in Tar. From there, we will go up north towards Stancija Špin from where we will descend to the enchanting Tarska cove along the hidden bike trails. We will follow the coastal route cycling around the wooded Lanterna peninsula all the way to Santa Marina. After reaching the ancient Roman rustic villa near Červar Porat, we will leave the coast and climb the path back to Tar where our journey will end around noon. If you are willing to face more of a challenge, our guide will gladly extend the tour with exciting and more difficult sections.
- Type of cycling trail: MTB trail
- Length of trail: 20km
- Highest point: 115m
- Cumulative elevation gain: 200m
- Ride time: 2.5 hours
- Difficulty: easy
- Available: every Wednesday from 24 August to 30 September 2022
- Meeting time: 9:30AM
- Planned end time: noon
- Start and finish: Tar
- Guide: one guide per 20 cyclists
- Languages: Croatian, English and German
Download GPX file
Notes on the free MTB tours
- The tours are completely free, and do not include beverages, food or entry tickets.
- Bike, helmet, and bike equipment rental is available (at extra charge).
- Helmets are required.
- Not recommended for children younger than 14 years of age.
- You must know how to ride a bike and be in good enough shape to ride between 20
and 50 km per day.
- An emergency vehicle is available in case of need.
- The guide has the right to change the route according to weather and guest abilities.
Bookings are free, but required at least 12 hours prior to departure.