From the centre of Kaštelir, we will cycle through the deep forest shade towards Vižinada where at 10:15AM we will join our fellow cyclists. We will continue together along the attractive Parenzana cycling trail towards Poreč and then turn towards the famous Tićan bservatory led by Korado Korlević, one of the most renown world astronomers. This observatory is also the highest peak of our route. Following the narrow forest trails, we will descend to Višnjan, and then back to Kaštelir where we will leave the first group of cyclists. Those who joined us in Vižinada, continue the ride through the forest for about 45 minutes before reaching our final destination.
- Type of cycling trail: MTB trail
- Length of trail: 26km
- Highest point: 320m
- Cumulative elevation gain: 300m
- Ride time: 3.5 hours
- Difficulty: easy
- Available: every Friday from 26 August to 30 September 2022
- Meeting time: 9:30AM Kaštelir / 10:30AM Vižinada
- Planned end time: around 1:00PM Kaštelir / around 2:00PM Vižinada
- Start and finish 1: centre of Kaštelir, by the church
- Start and finish 2: at the entrance of Vižnada, by the locomotive model
- Guide: one guide per 20 cyclists
- Languages: Croatian, English and German
Download GPX file
Notes on the free MTB tours
- The tours are completely free, and do not include beverages, food or entry tickets.
- Bike, helmet, and bike equipment rental is available (at extra charge).
- Helmets are required.
- Not recommended for children younger than 14 years of age.
- You must know how to ride a bike and be in good enough shape to ride between 20
and 50 km per day.
- An emergency vehicle is available in case of need.
- The guide has the right to change the route according to weather and guest abilities.
Bookings are free, but required at least 12 hours prior to departure.